ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail Flexible Worker application - urgent action required [confidential]

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Rory@HoMe2021

Royal Mail Flexible Worker application - urgent action required [confidential]

Post by Rory@HoMe2021 »

Good Afternoon,
I recently was accepted to commence Seasonal Christmas work beginning December 2021
All relevant documents & personal details including Banking have been submitted, verified & accepted via the online application process, I have since received various emails validating my offer & have received DBS clearance certificates via the post.

On Friday last, (15.10.2021) I received an email with the header noted in the subject topic above "Royal Mail Flexible Worker application - urgent action required [confidential]"

The contents of the message are as follows:
Hello ,

We are currently progressing your application for the Christmas Flexible Worker role at Mount Pleasant Mail Centre.

As part of the payroll joining process, it’s been identified that there’s an issue with the bank details you have supplied to us. In order to enable us to resolve, can you confirm your bank details, the sort code, account number and name of the bank.

Please can you provide this information as soon as possible so we can create your pay record and ensure you’re paid on time once you start work. When you reply, please include [confidential] in the subject line of your e-mail to ensure the information is sent securely.

Best Wishes

Ann

Royal Mail Christmas Recruitment Team

Please could this be confirmed as a genuine request from Royal Mail recruitment as I do not wish to proceed with the request to supply my personal banking details to what could be a phishing email.
In addition, there appears to be no 'spoof royal mail' forwarding option so as to send a copy of this email to the relevant department.
I would appreciate a quick reply to this as it may hold up payments upon commencement of the position.
Thanks.

With regards,
Rory Murphy

Tamsk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Royal Mail Flexible Worker application - urgent action required [confidential]

Post by Tamsk »

That doesn't look like an implausible mail to receive; what address are you being asked to reply to? If a royalmail.com one, there wouldn't be any problem providing details to it.

(And even if the mail were to be a scam, there's not a lot of damage a scammer could do with those details anyway; at worst set up a direct debit out of your account, which would be covered by the DD guarantee.)
Happyme!

Re: Royal Mail Flexible Worker application - urgent action required [confidential]

Post by Happyme! »

Hello, I submitted my documentation on the 31st Oct and haven’t recurved a response yet, status says that the checks are still in progress. Does it normally take this long? Is anyone able to provide an update? many thanks,
Joni
robsdean7

Post by robsdean7 »

Happyme! wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 11:41
Hello, I submitted my documentation on the 31st Oct and haven’t recurved a response yet, status says that the checks are still in progress. Does it normally take this long? Is anyone able to provide an update? many thanks,
Joni
This is an unofficial forum so no-one from HR would identify themselves
There's probably a lot of applications to check now so you'll just have to wait and see if anything happens. Might take a month
Happyme!

Post by Happyme! »

Thanks