ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

XMAS TEMP - Is there any chance I could get my location changed after accepting contract?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
km928388

XMAS TEMP - Is there any chance I could get my location changed after accepting contract?

Post by km928388 »

Hi
18 y/o student here who has recently accepted an xmas temp job (my first ever job). The job listing covered two places in my area; one which was very convenient to me and one which is just under 10 miles away. As previously mentioned I have no past experiences with jobs and thought that if/when I was given an offer I'd be able to choose which location suited me best. Unfortunately this didn't happen and when I did receive my offer around 2 weeks ago, I was only offered the place 10 miles away. I don't drive and have applied for a night shift so this is beyond inconvenient for me. I sent RM an email before clicking accept/decline since I had no idea if I'd be even given another offer or just be told 'tough' if I declined with a comment but never received a response from them despite emailing twice. I was worried that if I left the job offer unanswered for too long it'd automatically be declined so I reluctantly accepted a couple of days ago.

I probably /could/ make the 20 miles every day. I mean I will, it's a lot of money to pass up, and I've been considering getting taxis when the weather gets too cold to be commuting, which will be a ridiculous amount of money cut off my paycheck but a sacrifice I'll be willing to make. But it's just so inconvenient for me and so I was wondering if there is even a chance now that I've accepted the contract that I'd be able to speak to someone on my induction day and get my location changed. Can they simply cancel the contract and rewrite it for me so that it has me based in the much more convenient location? Or is this impossible now that I've accepted it and should I have kept trying for a response from them before accepting?

TIA :)