ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas job offer: possible bug in RMG Careers system?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
rabbitboy

Christmas job offer: possible bug in RMG Careers system?

Post by rabbitboy »

(Mods - please move to the appropriate forum if this isn't the right one. Ta.)

Is anyone else having difficulties with accepting an offer of Xmas work ("Seasonal Mail Sorter") on the RMG Careers system? I've gone through the recruitment process as usual (this will be my eighth year) - filled in online forms, e-mailed various bits of ID, had them verified at the PO, and so on; and last week I received an e-mail telling me I have been successful, with an attached PDF of the offer letter and a link that I'm supposed to click in order to review/accept the offer.

However, when I click on the link, and log in to RMG Careers, a browser window opens with "My Offers" at the top of a table - but there is no entry for the current offer, and so no apparent way of accepting it!

I have tried e-mailing the Christmas Recruitment Helpline, but it seems to have shut down already (mid-September), and all I got was an automated reply directing me to a chat-bot. After a great deal of faffing about and going round in circles with the ridiculous chat-bot I was finally able to enter my details and a very few lines summarising the problem.

Still waiting for a reply, in hope rather than expectation, but thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else has found themselves in the same situation.

RB

Micky2020

Re: Christmas job offer: possible bug in RMG Careers system?

Post by Micky2020 »

I applied on September 1st and received a response saying my application does not have a clear match with the requirement at this site. However, we are keeping your application on file and may contact you to progress your application if our requirements change.

And now they’ve got this chat bot I can’t get through to a helpline ( this would be my 4th year doing it ) thinking I might have to create a new account and apply again not sure what the issue is
livewirer

Re: Christmas job offer: possible bug in RMG Careers system?

Post by livewirer »

Hi
By 3 Sept my pre-employment & criminal checks were complete and had been cleared and verified.
My application was passed to the offer team.
I had an email update on Sept 8 informing me they would start to confirm shifts and locations from 13th September and if for any reason you have not had your shift and location confirmed by 24th September, to get in touch via the careers site or that BOT link.

I still have not received my JOB Offer email.

On my Candidate Profile for jobs applied clicking on the 2021 application (dated Sept 22, 2021) the offer and PDF letter you describe was for 2020 not 2021.
The status has now this minute changed (Sept 23) to the Seasonal Mail Sorters 2021 role (with correct job number) saying that the Job offer is on its way which when accepted would allow me to complete bank details.