ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When is official “xmas worker time? “

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
GrasmereSt30

When is official “xmas worker time? “

Post by GrasmereSt30 »

Hi

So obviously recruitment of Christmas temporary workers has begun so when do the workers actually start? Is it not till October or…? Just wondering how long I wait for before being allocated shifts.

Is it a set timeframe for throughout the country or do different centres have different times for starting their temps?

Thanks in advance.

P.S Application & DBS complete in my case.

Rvlvr

Re: When is official “xmas worker time? “

Post by Rvlvr »

At my MC last year some of the casuals started in late October, and the rest were all working by mid November. Many stayed after Xmas till the end of January.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I think some of it is going to depend on if we end up in lockdown, what the lockdown looks like (ie what gets closed, travel restrictions, etc) and how long any lockdown lasts for
royalmailnewbie

Post by royalmailnewbie »

Hi everyone! I’m also awaiting my offer email. Seems like it won’t be coming until late September which is kind of annoying, but I already have a part time job so I can’t really complain—nice to earn some extra cash over the hols (and take my mind off my dreaded PhD workload…).

Anyone here ever worked for Mount Pleasant or Dartford MC?
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

A pal of mine is going to be working as a Christmas casual at my MC, they applied on 5th September and late last week (Friday I think) they got a start date of 1st November, subject to mail volumes and staffing levels.