ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DBS check for Xmas temp worker

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
GrasmereSt30

DBS check for Xmas temp worker

Post by GrasmereSt30 »

Hi

Wondering if anyone knows how I can contact somebody about the DBS?
I emailed via the christmas helpline email inbox and got an automated reply saying I should just use the bot but it has nothing on DBS checks.

Due to previous job I have an enhanced DBS (not just basic) and I am registered with the update service so anyone can log in and see my DBS, there is no need for me to wait for another one as the result is instant. How do I avoid this unncessary delay when I don’t need another DBS check.
Who do I contact?

Thanks in advance.

Britvic55

Re: DBS check for Xmas temp worker

Post by Britvic55 »

Royal Mail will automatically do a DBS check. There is nothing you can do to speed it up. I had the email to say that I was at the DBS check stage & that it could take up to 15 days to come through, however, half an hour later I'd passed it!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

GrasmereSt30 wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 17:45
Hi

Wondering if anyone knows how I can contact somebody about the DBS?
I emailed via the christmas helpline email inbox and got an automated reply saying I should just use the bot but it has nothing on DBS checks.

Due to previous job I have an enhanced DBS (not just basic) and I am registered with the update service so anyone can log in and see my DBS, there is no need for me to wait for another one as the result is instant. How do I avoid this unncessary delay when I don’t need another DBS check.
Who do I contact?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately at this time of year Royal Mail and Angard can be processing 20 to 30,000 applications so whilst they will probably check the update service, it will take time to get through so many.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
GrasmereSt30

Post by GrasmereSt30 »

Update: dbs completed.