ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal mail christmas temp 2021

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
uac1478

Royal mail christmas temp 2021

Post by uac1478 »

Update *
I got all my documents checked and passed, now im waiting for them to confirm my start date and shifts. 😊
Last edited by uac1478 on 02 Sep 2021, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Norfolk 'N' Chance

Re: Royal mail christmas temp 2021

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

uac1478 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 10:47
]Hi, i Just applied for Christmas temp yesterday and went through the pre employment check through the link they sent me. I did get an email saying as soon as my documents are verified I will recieve an email with a barcode and will then need to take my documents to the post office to confirm them.
Does anyone know how long they take to send out this email.

Thank you.
Good luck.... have you got a link at all please? as the webpage i found said they were not starting this years recruitment until mid september?

Thanks
uac1478

Post by uac1478 »

I got an email with a link for Christmas vacancies here it is :
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/content ... cale=en_GB
Norfolk 'N' Chance

Post by Norfolk 'N' Chance »

uac1478 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 13:15
I got an email with a link for Christmas vacancies here it is :
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/content ... cale=en_GB
Thanks
livewirer

Post by livewirer »

uac1478 wrote:
01 Sep 2021, 10:47
]Hi, i Just applied for Christmas temp yesterday and went through the pre employment check through the link they sent me. I did get an email saying as soon as my documents are verified I will recieve an email with a barcode and will then need to take my documents to the post office to confirm them.
Does anyone know how long they take to send out this email.

Thank you.
I have worked for the Royal Mail as a Christmas Casual before.
I have not yet received my "Your Royal Mail Christmas Jobs Priority Link" email from them yet but have been checking the last few days.

Last year i received the initial invite on Aug 28th and later that same day received the "Royal Mail Christmas Casual Application" and submitted that. On Sept 3, 2020 I received Royal Mail Invitation to Document Check email.
The next day I went to my local Post Office and got all my documents checked. That was the first year this had been done like this as in previous years it was carried out as a Face To Face Interview at the Mail Centre at the end of Sept/ early Oct (even later in previous years). At that time once your application was processed/ checked you were then shown a list of available shifts on a print out.

Last year with no Face To Face interview (and from the website careers page the Bot is saying the same for 2021) and documents checked at Post Office i then received "Your Offer and Terms of Engagement" email on Sept 28, 2020.
You were asked to click a link to access your offer details and if you were happy with the offer you digitally accepted the offer.
The trouble was i was offered my second shift choice (Lates, and not the amount of hours I wanted given just 20 hrs and not the 30+ hours i was looking for)

The dilemma was what would happen if I declined the offer and not accept what I was given.
I tried to email the recruitment team ( there were NO Phone Numbers) but was told it could several days to action which it did and then it passed on to another team.
Starting to get frantic about the whole thing I ended up going to the mail centre and asked to speak to a shift manager and was advised to accept what I was given.
It was a good job I did accept the offer because if you had of declined it you would have had to wait for the possibility of another job offer with no guarantees. This was the situation with COVID last year, no face to face interview, recruitment team working remotely, and no phone contacts.
As it turned it my Christmas Casual period went pretty well (I was working at another Local Office as well as the main Mail Centre) and I got offer of additional hours and worked on well into January.

Thanks for the link for Christmas vacancies because the website was just saying "Our Christmas jobs are not available yet. You can check again from mid-September or leave your details to be contacted"
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/go/Chri ... t/4479401/

I have made the initial application.

Of Note: In October 2020 Royal Mail announced "it would take on 33,000 temporary workers over the Christmas period to deal with the increased demand it is expecting.
** In a normal year the company will hire around 15,000 temporary staff over the period, and its former record was 23,000.

Maybe there is a a bit of a delay with the Christmas Casual recruitment for 2021 whilst they determine their projected manning levels.
livewirer

Post by livewirer »

Today have completed and submitted my application for Christmas Casual work.
Last year it took 5 days before I received Royal Mail Invitation to Document Check email.

Interesting to read in a press statement dated Feb 11, 2021: Royal Mail is to keep on 10,000 of the 33,000 temporary workers it took on to help it through the Christmas period.
"But thanks to the efforts of our team, the retention of around 10,000 of the 33,000 flexible workers from the Christmas peak, and the introduction of new processes, we have been making encouraging progress."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56022948

This year as a Christmas Casual I had shifts up to Jan 21 when Royal Mail had a cutoff point.
Despite the RM shift managers telling me to check my email for an invitation for my details to be passed over to Angard (RMs main source to supply temps throughout the year) I received no such communication. It was difficult getting hold of them and a response and by the time i got an email response from Angard it was too late and I would have had to do a full work application again. For some reason after 10 visits to their website it locked you out.

I wonder just how many went across to Angard and carried on working for them from Feb 2021. 10,000 seems a lot.
livewirer

Post by livewirer »

Received email (3 Sept 2021) with Royal Mail Invitation to Document Check
Got documents verified at the Post Office.
Completed my pre-employment & criminal checks.
Application now passed to the offer team, who will review your application to see if we have any suitable roles that match your preferences

Thanks uac1478 for the initial post, appreciated!
Like you I am waiting for confirmation of a start date and shifts