ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scanning in and out

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Lockardian
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Scanning in and out

Post by Lockardian »

I have received an email from JoinedUp stating that Angard staff will shortly be required to “scan in” and “scan out” rather than signing a time sheet. There appears to be no immediate plans to introduce this procedure at our site - I’m just curious if any sites are doing this yet and how it works.

NW11851

Re: Scanning in and out

Post by NW11851 »

Judging by the second email from Angard, it looks though RM staff will use their swipe cards to scan in and out but Angard staff will have to manually key in a new personal number.

Endless scope for fraud by Managers in my place of work.

They will obtain the new numbers from their fee-paying ‘clients’ and key them in/out whenever has been agreed/paid for.

Are RM/Angard really THAT stupid?
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Are we not already doing this?
My depot we sign for a card to go through the turnstile either in or out.
tabact

Post by tabact »

No turnstiles at our place we just hang around at the entrance until a Royal Mail staff member goes in or out. We sign in at a desk just inside the mail centre so you are through the security door before signing in.

I think the idea is to get rid of using paper to sign in and out for us and RM staff. When it comes in it could be a pain 'signing out' when everybody is queuing up to key in a nine digit number and looking at bits of paper or their phones.
tabact

Post by tabact »

Just received an email saying this is going live at the end of the month and there will be consoles to enter your number on. It is to replace paper and we will have to wait and see what happens if you finish ten minutes early.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

We sign for a card which gets you through the gate. Both in and out. The card is numbered so all gate activity is recorded. Time is allowed for the hold ups at the end of shifts.
Sheffield Stuart

Post by Sheffield Stuart »

How are people's experience of this?

Did a shift last night and even though it was in the back of my mind that it was being introduced at our MC, I signed in as usual (Word on the floor is that the sheets and scan in/out will run concurrently for the next two weeks until phased in properly. Wish Angard/management would make formal announcements rather than me finding out from colleagues).

One thing I'm not hopeful about; shift last night was in the locker room. Breaks are worked through (suits me) but that would mean a scan out 30 minutes before my shift is supposed to finish.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

I received an email from Angard yesterday detailing the procedures to be adopted for SISO.

Unfortunately, it was headed fir staff in Southampton.

I’m a long way from there!

Clerically, Angard are inept.
If tgey told me it was raining, I would go to the window to check
tabact

Post by tabact »

This is now up and running at my MC. The consoles are spread around the MC and apparently we can use any of them to sign in and out. The system seems to be open to abuse as one person could sign multiple people out as you just need to enter the nine digit number allocated via JoinedUp. I can see it annoying RM staff who are trying to scan out using their ID getting stuck behind Angard staff having to key in their ID number. I think eventually they are going to have to allocate some of the consoles for scanning only. Haven't tried it myself yet as shifts are pretty much non-existent at the moment.