ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No shift 6 weeks after induction

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
rubikscube

No shift 6 weeks after induction

Post by rubikscube »

Should i just presume I've been sacked before my first shift?

Rvlvr

Re: No shift 6 weeks after induction

Post by Rvlvr »

It’s generally a very quiet time of the year but even so 6 weeks without being offered a shift seems strange. Have you tried emailing or calling them?
rubikscube

Post by rubikscube »

Rvlvr wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 17:44
It’s generally a very quiet time of the year but even so 6 weeks without being offered a shift seems strange. Have you tried emailing or calling them?
Yes, both! Still nothing. They send last minute shift vacancies by email about 40minutes before they start. All have been 10pm to 6am night shifts with nothing available in the daytime. On the rare occasion an afternoon shift has been offered via email, I've not been booked in even when replying in the same minute. Crazy.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Very frustrating indeed.
Unfortunately this is how it can be in quiet periods (short notice for shifts offered to all).
I take it you are logging your availability on Joined Up.
Perhaps you have been unlucky to start in a quiet period.
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

rubikscube wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 22:46
Rvlvr wrote:
Yes, both! Still nothing. They send last minute shift vacancies by email about 40minutes before they start. All have been 10pm to 6am night shifts with nothing available in the daytime. On the rare occasion an afternoon shift has been offered via email, I've not been booked in even when replying in the same minute. Crazy.
Ah, ok, so they have been offering you shifts? Unfortunately it’s the nature of this job - if you only want daytime work you’re going to struggle I think, and even if they do offer daytime shifts as is the case with night shifts you normally won’t get a lot of notice. People that are willing to work unsociable hours and at short notice will tend to find it easier to get shifts in the long run, so it’s worth just trying to take anything they offer in your first few months - you might find it easier to get shifts at times that suit you better after that, or you might even find you enjoy working nights.
f1113

Post by f1113 »

rubikscube wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 22:46
Rvlvr wrote:
I doubt you have been sacked for nothing.
But then what they're doing is normal. They often send out work via e-mail, and respond on a first come first serve basis.
They can offer shifts when they have them available, and on any time they choose.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

The amount of shifts should start to pick up now for all Angard staff as we enter autumn pressure and the slow ramp up to Xmas pressure