ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

AWR pay - break in service.

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Sheffield Stuart

AWR pay - break in service.

Post by Sheffield Stuart »

Believe I'm right in thinking that after a certain number of weeks of not working, a casual on AWR pay rate has their pay scaled back down to non-AWR rate.

Can anyone confirm this and how many weeks of a break in service does this occur? I've read somewhere that six weeks and no shifts equals the downgrade but can't find the source.

Also does applying a holiday in any gaps essentially pause the six week clock from ticking i.e. if I had four weeks no shifts, stuck a half day holiday in week five, I'd still have another two weeks after that (so effectively seven weeks)?

Thanks, Stuart.

Xeonus
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: AWR pay - break in service.

Post by Xeonus »

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/32121/11-949-agency-workers-regulations-guidance.pdf

You can find quite detailed information on this pdf file. Page 20 talks about your question regarding how many weeks of zero work means you drop back to basic pay and have to requalify for AWR.
I would suggest you scan through this document and read in detail any sections that appeal to your interest though :thumbup

This may be dated 2011 but as far as I can see on google, AWR regulations have not changed aside from one amendment found here at this link on ACAS website.
Royal Mail OPG at an MC since 2022.
Sheffield Stuart

Post by Sheffield Stuart »

Xeonus wrote:
20 May 2021, 17:43
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/32121/11-949-agency-workers-regulations-guidance.pdf

You can find quite detailed information on this pdf file. Page 20 talks about your question regarding how many weeks of zero work means you drop back to basic pay and have to requalify for AWR.
I would suggest you scan through this document and read in detail any sections that appeal to your interest though :thumbup

This may be dated 2011 but as far as I can see on google, AWR regulations have not changed aside from one amendment found here at this link on ACAS website.
Perfect 👌 thanks.
toonlad2

Post by toonlad2 »

think its now changed to 4 weeks ,and yes if you put a holiday in even just 4 hours will stop the clock for 1 week

regards to the 4 weeks without work what if youve been actively available on joined up for that whole 4 weeks but angaard have failed in giving you any shift does that still mean you lose awr as its not your fault surely you shouldnt have to suffer this especially when you know shifts have been available just that you havnt been given one .thoughts
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

It’s still 6 weeks, not 4.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Heard also that the security check has to be redone and reapplication process. Anyone heard the same or had to do this?
radicalspirit

Post by radicalspirit »

I had to do this once. But it was after 12 weeks of no work.