ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lack of shifts - moving on

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Medwaycasual

Lack of shifts - moving on

Post by Medwaycasual »

I enjoyed the work, liked the flexibility, but as shifts have dried up, only getting booked in for one 4 hour shift a week now, and when i respond to email shifts, i never get any, also angard still taking on new casuals and giving them at least 3 shifts a week, i think the writing is on the wall, won't be a lot of work opportunities till maybe September onwards, i am moving on , starting next week i am working for a local agency, guaranteed warehouse work, 5 days a week, good luck to everyone, maybe i might come back at xmas

Warbo

Re: Lack of shifts - moving on

Post by Warbo »

Medwaycasual wrote:
17 May 2021, 10:18
I enjoyed the work, liked the flexibility, but as shifts have dried up, only getting booked in for one 4 hour shift a week now, and when i respond to email shifts, i never get any, also angard still taking on new casuals and giving them at least 3 shifts a week, i think the writing is on the wall, won't be a lot of work opportunities till maybe September onwards, i am moving on , starting next week i am working for a local agency, guaranteed warehouse work, 5 days a week, good luck to everyone, maybe i might come back at xmas
Hello,
Is there not a way to use this to your advantage by fitting the odd shift in?
This in my opinion is the best policy and any shifts worked are a bonus to the more reliable work.
At worst a shift every sixth week keeps it on track rate wise.
Perhaps not but anyway good luck with the new endeavour.

Just a comment regards another topic this is how it is a shift sharing making it is very hard with the constant recruiting to keep any pattern going.