ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard shift allocation and notifications

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Warbo

Re: Angard shift allocation and notifications

Post by Warbo »

Warbo wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 11:27
Mr Angryard wrote:
13 May 2021, 08:15
From the replies it is clear that experiences vary.

The good news is that I have had a reply from RM to my original email to Michael Jeavons (the reply is not from him, but credit for passing it on for follow up and not just ignoring).

I am now due to have a conversation with someone at RM Angard and hope to get some progress so that all can see shift allocation is fair, and shift notifications are sensible and reasonable.

It is fair to say that First Call people have been having similar problems with lack of shifts, but some getting a few and some getting none...so I will include them in the discussion.

My aim is to positively try to get progress, using only what I know from my experience and that of my colleagues at the centre where I work (sometimes). I would welcome any specific examples of the issues in my OP, or just support for the effort to improve things.

I see some fairly serious allegations above of various sorts. I will not get into those as without definitive evidence that is minefield..just so you know please keep any comments relevant to the issues I want to raise, and it would be helpful if they are concise as possible.

Thanks and will report back.
Any progress made with this issue?
Any update would be good!
Guess not re progress?

Warbo

Post by Warbo »

:no no
AnotherOldCodger

Post by AnotherOldCodger »

Warbo wrote:
06 May 2021, 15:39
Rvlvr wrote:
04 May 2021, 12:24
What I don’t understand is why they bother asking us to fill in our availability on Joined Up only to then send out emails and allocate shifts on a first come first served basis? I too remember the old system when you’d have to ring up in response to a text, rather than reply to an email, and I thought one of the reasons for moving to Joined Up was so that shifts could be allocated more fairly.

Things have quietened down at my MC, I’m picking up a couple of night shifts a week, which is still good enough for me, but some people are down to one a fortnight while the managers’ favourites are still getting the 4-5 they were picking up during the COVID peaks. Everyone knows it’s unfair but it’s been going on since anyone can remember and will never change sadly.
Angard need to be able to cover any and all possible scenario. Staff holidays/absence unpredicted volume/events etc. The Joined Up way wins it for me down to no more 15 minute phone calls to get a shift.
I can only repeat that its a good un for earning extra but must be very hard for them that look to be paying Bills from it.
You've hit the nail on the head "its a good un for earning extra but must be very hard for them that look to be paying Bills from it"
This is casual work! It isn't meant to be a full time occupation, or even part-time, it's "as and when".
It works for me too as I do other things and I choose not to take every shift offered to me.
Some of my colleagues have been fortunate enough to get contracts, albeit 8 to 10 hour a week but at least they have the chance of overtime.
By all means take casual work in the hope that it may lead to something regular but remember what it is.
There are lots of comments about "manager's favourites". If you were a manager would you favour someone who does the work efficiently and reliably or someone who give you earache?
I have been with Angard for over 4 years, I have been on AWS since week 12, I have often refused shifts because they don't suit me, I have made it clear that I wouldn't accept a contract if one was offered, I have not gone out of my way to be friendly with any manager but I like to think that I do the work efficiently. I must be doing something right.
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

They favour family members, and people who can do them favours. It’s absolutely nothing to do with productivity, sadly.
AnotherOldCodger

Rvlvr wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 16:51
They favour family members, and people who can do them favours. It’s absolutely nothing to do with productivity, sadly.
That's not my experience as I don't fall into either category. Yes, there are some family members on the shifts who do quite well on allocations but they are in the minority.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

There’s another reason at my MC.

It’s been reported many times to both Angard and various HR units in RM.

The answer always comes back that Senior Manager at the NC have stated ‘Nothing to ser here. Move along.’ Yeah right.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Rvlvr wrote:
Wrong. It is down to numbers/targets. If targets are not hit line boss gets it from his boss because he gets it from his boss. What they are all trying to dodge is the boss of the bosses boss giving them the hair dryer treatment. If favouritism is perceived it is because they get the results required.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

NW11851 wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 18:38
There’s another reason at my MC.

It’s been reported many times to both Angard and various HR units in RM.

The answer always comes back that Senior Manager at the NC have stated ‘Nothing to ser here. Move along.’ Yeah right.
And the reason is?
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Can I pm you somehow?
AnotherOldCodger

NW11851 wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 09:54
Can I pm you somehow?
Tap on the name,then tap send private message.
NW11851

Post by NW11851 »

Have done so. Thanks.
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

Warbo wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 23:15
Rvlvr wrote:
Wrong. It is down to numbers/targets. If targets are not hit line boss gets it from his boss because he gets it from his boss. What they are all trying to dodge is the boss of the bosses boss giving them the hair dryer treatment. If favouritism is perceived it is because they get the results required.
Aye, you’re right pal, what I see and hear with my own eyes and ears is a mirage, an illusion, thanks for setting me straight.
Last edited by Rvlvr on 07 Sep 2021, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

AnotherOldCodger wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 18:12
Rvlvr wrote:
That's not my experience as I don't fall into either category. Yes, there are some family members on the shifts who do quite well on allocations but they are in the minority.
I’m not even bothered, I get on well with the shift manager and he’s sorted me plenty of shifts when it’s slow going and / or staff are needed at short notice, but there’s a pecking order and I know my place.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Rvlvr wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 15:59
Warbo wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 23:15
Rvlvr wrote:
Aye, you’re right pal, what I see and hear with my own eyes and ears is a mirage, an illusion, thanks for setting me straight.
Right only in my understanding. The suggestion was the interpretation is different. No mirage and no illusion.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Rvlvr wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 16:00
AnotherOldCodger wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 18:12
Rvlvr wrote:
I’m not even bothered, I get on well with the shift manager and he’s sorted me plenty of shifts when it’s slow going and / or staff are needed at short notice, but there’s a pecking order and I know my place.
Ah getting shifts sorted by your manager! Hope you mean Angard agent. If not its hardly in the spirit of things.