ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Angard shift allocation and notifications

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Rvlvr

Re: Angard shift allocation and notifications

Post by Rvlvr »

Like I said, I know what happens at my mail centre, it’s not right but ultimately you do what you can to pay the bills

f1113

Post by f1113 »

is there favouritism? maybe. It won't surprise me if there was. But then it's Angard who book shifts, not teh Royal Mail. If RM managers or staff were selecting their friends or relatives for shifts from Angard, then this is double crookedness. They usually just ask Angard for x amount fo workers per day, and Angard sends the notifications out. RM can't state which Angard-registered worker gets shifts, as they're two different companies.
And Angard sends a mix of SMS messages and mass e-mails for staff.
I dont' work for them, so i donn't know how they choose staff for shifts, but then favouritism is possible.
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

You guys are so naive, it’s quite sweet.
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Rvlvr wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 23:28
You guys are so naive, it’s quite sweet.
How long have you been on for this crew? And you have said you are not bothered!
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

I’m not at all bothered, I’ve merely stated how things work, only to be repeatedly told ‘that’s not right’. Morally it’s not ‘right’, but what I’m saying is correct.
f1113

Post by f1113 »

Warbo wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 23:15
Rvlvr wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 16:51
They favour family members, and people who can do them favours. It’s absolutely nothing to do with productivity, sadly.
Wrong. It is down to numbers/targets. If targets are not hit line boss gets it from his boss because he gets it from his boss. What they are all trying to dodge is the boss of the bosses boss giving them the hair dryer treatment. If favouritism is perceived it is because they get the results required.
What targets? to be honest, it's not hard to miss them. At my MC, most sorting is done by the end of the shift no matter what. The only way the traysec or cut and tip or secondary sort aren't done in time is if they're severly understaffed or one or a number of staff have major cock-ups. And it's not that hard to cut open a sack and tip it on a moving conveyer.