ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Guaranteed hours as a season mail sorter?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
Xmasrm122

Guaranteed hours as a season mail sorter?

Post by Xmasrm122 »

Hi,

I was recently offered a season mail sorter job at the Greenford centre. In the letter, it says my hours are between 21:45 - 05:45, Monday - Friday for 12 weeks.

Could someone tell me if temp workers are guaranteed these weekly hours/shifts are should I expect to receive shift cancellations etc??

Thanks

Potatotomato

Re: Guaranteed hours as a season mail sorter?

Post by Potatotomato »

I'm wondering the same. It says that's your shift, but then it says that this can be change at any moment. I need to know too if the 12 weeks are guaranteed. How do we go back home before five am ? Imagine if they say "ok, all done at like 3am.☹️
Rvlvr

Post by Rvlvr »

Just the way it goes, sadly, I’m with Angard, we’re meant to finish at 6.30am, but it can be as early as 4.30. Nothing for it but to phone for a taxi or hope your lift home doesn’t mind getting out of bed two hours early.
robsdean7

Post by robsdean7 »

It all depends on if there's enough parcels to sort. Especially on the night shift you might end up getting sent home an hour early or told to start an hour later the next day
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

robsdean7 wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 17:30
It all depends on if there's enough parcels to sort. Especially on the night shift you might end up getting sent home an hour early or told to start an hour later the next day
If it's in a MC then there'll also be Xmas cards to manually sort as well
Warbo

Post by Warbo »

Xmasrm122 wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 21:01
Hi,

I was recently offered a season mail sorter job at the Greenford centre. In the letter, it says my hours are between 21:45 - 05:45, Monday - Friday for 12 weeks.

Could someone tell me if temp workers are guaranteed these weekly hours/shifts are should I expect to receive shift cancellations etc??

Thanks
Your hours will be as per your contract and subject to change due to work load/volume.
slinder123

Post by slinder123 »

tell them to stuff there job if your not getting the hours they promised they claim those hours from royal mail and pocket what you dont get seen how they do it when i was a clerical worker for them
:no no