ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tories step up pressure to have Moya Greene's interim report released immediately

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
postareale
EX ROYAL MAIL

Tories step up pressure to have Moya Greene's interim report released immediately

Post by postareale »

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/news/ ... ic-555406/

Release interim Dame Moya Greene report: Newfoundland and Labrador PCs, NDP
The Chronicle Herald

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. — Both the Progressive Conservatives and the NDP are demanding that Liberal Leader Andrew Furey release the interim report of the Premier’s Economic Recovery Team (PERT) as soon as he receives it.

PERT, headed by Dame Moya Greene, is expected to file an interim report with the province by the end of this month.

The team is reviewing government expenditures, the province’s fiscal capacity and how services are delivered, and exploring growth sectors such as clean energy and investments in technology, with recommendations expected to inform Budget 2021.

NDP Leader Alison Coffin sent a letter to Furey, and stated in a news release Monday that she is calling on Furey to be “open and transparent” with the people of Newfoundland and Labrador and commit to releasing the interim report the day after it is submitted to the government.

"Mr. Furey famously said 'everything is on the table' when asked how he would address the tough financial situation facing Newfoundland and Labrador. Since then, people have been worried about what public services and jobs will be cut and what services will be privatized as a result of the Moya Greene report," said Coffin. "Mr. Furey has been continually saying he's not hiding anything behind the Greene report. I say prove it."

Furey has been constantly criticized by the opposition parties for calling the election before the report is released publicly.
The terms of reference state that the chairperson will communicate weekly with the premier and clerk of the executive council, Crosbie said.

“That means Mr. Furey has already had approximately 17 updates from Ms. Greene,” Crosbie said.

“He knows exactly what’s coming in the report. He’s left voters in the dark instead of being open and transparent about what he knows is coming.”

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Tories step up pressure to have Moya Greene’s interim report released immediately

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Moved into competitors as Moya is no longer In charge of RM.

Also as this seems to a report she is responsible for on the Canadian Government not even sure this section is appropriate.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."