ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ROYAL MAIL DELAYS : PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE IS A BIT OF A BACKLOG IN THE SYSTEM, WE ARE DOING OUR BEST TO DELIVER WHAT WE CAN DAILY BUT UNFORTUNATELY IN SOME AREAS THERE WILL BE DELAYS. PLEASE HAVE SOME PATIENCE AS WE ARE DOING WHAT WE CAN.Postal workers of royalmailchat.co.uk

Amazon fight with workers: 'You're a cog in the system'

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon fight with workers: 'You're a cog in the system'

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55927024

Joseph Jones doesn't find the gruelling physical demands of his job at Amazon particularly troubling - he can walk as many as 17 miles per shift. The firm's attitude towards his work, however, is something else.

"It's a very adversarial relationship with the supervisors and the staff," says the 35-year-old, who started working part-time at the company's warehouse in Bessemer, Alabama in October. "You're a cog in the system... and it's very obvious."

During the busy season between Thanksgiving and Christmas, for example, he says Amazon required staff to extend their shifts - typically with little notice. Once, he says he didn't even know he had been asked to put in extra time until he arrived for work and the company app informed him he was an hour late.

Last year, the treatment prompted him to join a petition that sought an official vote on creating a union at the warehouse.

In December, state labour officials ruled the request had garnered enough support to warrant an election - the first such vote Amazon has faced in the US since 2014. Ballots were mailed this week.

If the campaign succeeds, the Bessemer facility, which opened in March, would become the only unionised Amazon location in the US.

Read more at the link, it's very long.
VERY IMPORTANT AND INFORMATIVE CORONAVIRUS THREAD HERE
I'd appreciate it if you did not lift posts from here and put them on Facebook, either discuss the posts on here, or leave here and stay over there.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low life c***s they have always been.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Amazon fight with workers: 'You're a cog in the system'

Post by POSTMAN »

VERY IMPORTANT AND INFORMATIVE CORONAVIRUS THREAD HERE
I'd appreciate it if you did not lift posts from here and put them on Facebook, either discuss the posts on here, or leave here and stay over there.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low life c***s they have always been.