ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

Hermes UK gets planning consent for Barnsley mega hub

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier

Hermes UK gets planning consent for Barnsley mega hub

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://apex-insight.com/hermes-uk-gets ... -mega-hub/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Barnsley Council’s planning committee has approved plans for a new, £60 million parcels hub to be built for and operated by Hermes UK.

The super-hub, nicknamed ‘Colossus’ will be the largest of its kind in Europe. With 298,700 square feet of warehouse space it will be able to process up to 3.8 million parcels a day at full capacity with plans to add capacity in the future. The company claims that it will create around 1,300 new jobs.

The Sheffield Rd, Hoyland site is set to be put into operation in 2022, and will be able to take up to 595 HGVs at any one time and will have 60 cycle storage spaces.

There has been local controversy over the new Hermes UK site with strong local opposition from nearby residents.

On behalf of the applicants Cushman and Wakefield (with whom Hermes UK has agreed a 20 year lease), Katrina Hulse said that the development would generate “much needed jobs” for local people, and “improve the lives of Barnsley residents”.

She added: “The proposed development will provide a number of positive benefits both in the construction and operational phases, and over its lifetime for Barnsley and the wider area, including the creation of 1300 new jobs within the Hermes facility, including a range of roles and a number of management positions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.