not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

Shocking moment sneaky delivery driver 'steals' parcel from house - before returning with chocolates and flowers

17 Jun 2019, 12:55

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/li ... r-16435817

But when the homeowner complained to his bosses - the missing item was returned with flowers and chocolates

This is the shocking moment a delivery driver is accused of stealing a parcel from the front porch of a customer's home.

In the CCTV footage, recorded at 2pm yesterday, a man can be seen approaching the house with a parcel in his hand and carrying a phone.

The man, who is wearing a hi-vis jacket over a t-shirt, with tracksuit bottoms, then walks up and, after a few seconds, opens the door.

Due to the positioning of the home camera, he can be seen crouching over into the porch of the home.

However, instead of coming away empty handed, he then picks up a different parcel, in grey packaging.

He then closes the door, raises the handle and makes his way back down the driveway with the new parcel.

The Crosby homeowner, who did not want to be named has reported the incident to police, who confirmed they are investigating, and complained to the delivery company.

With some delivery companies customers can request for parcels to be left in a 'safe place' if they are not in to receive the parcel.

And in this instance the homeowner had requested that his delivery be left in the porch.

Following the suspected theft the homeowner claims he contacted the delivery company and his parcel was returned, with flowers and chocolate.

He told the ECHO : "It’s was only clothes for work in the parcel, it was clearly not going to be something interesting like a wide screen TV or PS4.

"But the thing that’s so annoying though is if I didn’t have the camera then I would of been complaining to the other delivery company and being told “it’s my responsibility and fault for allowing things to be left in the porch”.

"I just feel annoyed overall.

"While it’s a nice gesture to have the items returned with flowers and chocolate, it wouldn’t have happened without the video.

"Without the video, I would never have known or ever thought the other driver took it.

"It was two different guys who returned the item, who were apologetic but it’s not their fault."

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "We received a report of a theft of a parcel from a porch.

"The incident was reported at 8pm and reported to have happened about 2.05pm yesterday.

"Anyone with info is asked to contact @MerPolCC, 101, @CrimestoppersUK or 0800555111."

The Liverpool ECHO has contacted the delivery company for a comment.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1