not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Incoming! Yodel delivery driver throws parcel 50ft across garden because he can't be bothered to go through open gate in shocking video

05 Dec 2018, 15:41

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arden.html

Neil Adams, from Hertfordshire, captured the scene on a home security camera
A Yodel delivery driver hurls the package 50ft across the length of the garden
The package hits the wall of the house with force and slides onto the ground
By SOPHIE LAW AND LEIGH MCMANUS FOR MAIL ONLINE

PUBLISHED: 18:18, 3 December 2018 | UPDATED: 20:38, 3 December 2018

shares

View comments
This is the moment a Yodel delivery driver is caught on CCTV hurling a package 50ft across a garden instead of using an unlocked gate.

Neil Adams, from Hertfordshire, captured the shocking scene on a security camera attached to his house.

The delivery driver can be seen approaching the wooden gate in the back garden and peering over.

Video playing bottom right...
Click here to expand to full page
RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
Next

High school students are blasted with tear gas and kick...

'I'm covered in poo!': Shocking moment tractor driver tips...
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
But instead of unlocking the door, the delivery man suddenly hurls the package, containing a Nike hoodie Neil bought for his daughter, across the length of the large garden.

The package hits the wall of the house with force and slides to the ground before the delivery man takes off.

Neil said the package bouncing off the wall actually startled his wife.

The Yodel delivery driver's head can be seen just above the fence at the bottom of the path

He told Mail Online: 'Thankfully the package only contained a Nike hoody that I’d ordered for my daughter. My new phone was due to be delivered the same day so I panicked for a second when my wife rang me to tell me what had happened.

'I was more annoyed than anything. My wife was stood in the kitchen and got a fright when the package hit the wall above the window and then dropped down.'

Neil said he looked online for an email address to complain to Yodel but couldn't find one and gave up because he wasn't prepared to face the helpline wait times.

Instead of walking the short path through the open gate he launches the package at the house

'I’d have gone to more effort to speak to them if the item had been damaged. I’ve had problems with Yodel before and am used to their bad service,' he said.

He added that it was 'ridiculous' that the delivery driver wasn't prepared to walk 10 metres down the garden path to deliver the package.

A Yodel spokesperson said: 'We are reaching out to Neil Adams to apologise. The safe delivery of parcels is our absolute priority and we are disappointed to see this courier breaking our strict protocols.

'This behaviour clearly does not meet the high standards we expect from our colleagues and we will be taking appropriate action.

'Our customer service team is available to help on social media and webchat as well as telephone and is operating extended hours in the busy run up to Christmas.'

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1