not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

MAJOR DPD BASE BID SET TO BE VOTED THROUGH

01 Nov 2018, 16:54

https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/mi ... ed-through

A major distribution centre in the Black Country for Queen's Award-winning parcel delivery giant DPD is expected to be approved next week.

The 74,335 sq ft building would be constructed on 8.7 acres of land at Vaughan Industrial Estate in Sedgley Road East, Tipton.

The business, which headquartered in Smethwick, would have room for 135 vans and 18 heavy goods vehicles with 46 loading bays.

Dudley Unit Trust submitted the application to Sandwell Borough Council in June and a final decision is set to be made at a meeting on Wednesday 7 November.

A similar planning application was approved by the authority in 2016 but the permission has now lapsed.

A planning officer, writing in a council document published ahead of the meeting, said: "On balance, taking in account the lack of objection from consultees, and the extant permission for B8 use at the site, I consider that the proposal would be acceptable.

"I acknowledge the concerns of local residents and accept that some impact to the noise climate and surrounding highway network would occur as a result of the proposal.

"However, I have no evidence available to me which demonstrates that these impacts would cause significant harm."

A document submitted to the council on behalf of DPD added: "The layout proposed provides a contemporary industrial layout with internal service yards to the rear and parking areas to the front overlooked by office space.

"The building is designed to the end user specification requirements.

"The appearance will be of the highest standards in today's market that satisfies the end user specification requirements. The materials to be used are expected to be agreed by condition, but will reflect the high quality requirements for the end use.

"The proposed scheme is considered acceptable in design and access terms and will provide a high quality designed industrial development offering a modern unit for the end user which will enhance the local economy and job prospects within the region."

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1