not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Yodel delivery driver arrested for theft after 'designer trainers were signed for but parcel put back in van'

12 Sep 2018, 14:57

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/y ... t-13227063

A yodel delivery driver has been arrested after appearing to take a parcel back after allegedly signing himself to say it had been delivered.

The courier was spotted on a doorbell camera of the house where the designer trainers were meant to be left.

The footage appears to show the driver walk towards the door and then returning to his white van.

Ron Rasburn, 46, was expecting the Ted Baker delivery - worth about £250 - to be waiting on his doorstep when he got home.

But after being unable to find the expensive footwear he was shocked to find the footage.

The mechanic, from Rayleigh, Essex said: "I don't really understand how he thinks he could get away with this.

"He walked up to my front door and then turned back and took it.

"It's not about the parcel not being delivered, and it could be something completely innocent and a complete misunderstanding, but it feels like he's just taken it."

The delivery, which was meant for Mr Rasburn's wife Nikki, was tracked all the way to their home on the Yodel app, where it said it had been delivered.

The parcel contained a pair of shoes and some new clothes, which Mrs Rasburn was planning to wear for her 30th birthday.

He allegedly signs but appears to take the parcel back (Image: SWNS)

Care worker Nikki, 30, said: "It was really upsetting and very frustrating.

"I order a lot online and to be fair it's normally pretty good. Luckily, we did have the camera, but if we didn't I would probably have nothing right now."

Yodel has since said they are working with the couple to find out what happened to the lost delivery.

The company also apologised to the husband and wife of six children for what appeared to be theft on the part of a driver contracted by the firm.

A Yodel spokesman said: "We apologise for this incident and we are liaising with the retailer to replace the missing order.

"Our service delivery manager has met with the customer and explained the action that we have taken with the individual concerned.

"This behaviour clearly does not meet the majority of our colleagues' high standards and we are arranging for a gift to be sent to apologise for the inconvenience caused."

A man has been arrested by Essex Police following the incident.

Enquiries are ongoing.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1