not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

21 May 2017, 18:09

Forgive me if this has been asked before. My rest day was last Thursday when a load of addressed leaflets came in. The Postmen were told they had 3 days to do them (ie by Monday as Saturday wasn't counted). None were touched by the floater and when I asked if I would be given an extension until Tuesday I couldn't get a straight answer.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

21 May 2017, 19:06

bmccoll wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked before. My rest day was last Thursday when a load of addressed leaflets came in. The Postmen were told they had 3 days to do them (ie by Monday as Saturday wasn't counted). None were touched by the floater and when I asked if I would be given an extension until Tuesday I couldn't get a straight answer.

I wouldn't have thought so because 3 days is the rule, but what we've done is put them in the frame last where we
were going (on Sat too - where we were going). If that made counting them difficult for payment
he/she could have just put a third in and taken them regardless.

There's no perfect way of doing it when you miss a day and aren't in control of what someone else does.
Perhaps floater thought he/she was doing you a favour so you could get all the payment (for all the work!!). From the
various posts about this it's a right cluster which will probably not happen at the next election if RM get their way.

30 May 2017, 20:21

I leave all election material for the duty holder as they generally piss and moan that a pt have nicked their paments

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE DEC 12 2019

12 Nov 2019, 09:20

Being a day off cover or reserve is a right pain in the arse with GE leaflets. If you try and clear loads to help the duty holder out they go round moaning to everyone that you’re taking the food out of their mouths, yet if you leave them for them thinking they will want the money they then moan that you’ve stitched em up. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE DEC 12 2019

12 Nov 2019, 11:56

GRS wrote:Being a day off cover or reserve is a right pain in the arse with GE leaflets. If you try and clear loads to help the duty holder out they go round moaning to everyone that you’re taking the food out of their mouths, yet if you leave them for them thinking they will want the money they then moan that you’ve stitched em up. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

It’s true. Two options:

1. Ask duty holder day before, in front of those they stand near, what do you want me to do tomorrow with election stuff;

2. Ask Lino on the day whilst stood at the frame, with neighbours able to hear, what leaflets do you want me to do.

Additional step depending where you are in the confidence category, once you get the answer from duty holder/Lino

“I best not hear moaning from you/the duty holder if I do that then”

Previous page Next page

Page 8 of 8   1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8