ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Jersey Post - Problems with post

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Jersey Post - Problems with post

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.channelonline.tv/channelonli ... ?ID=488396" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Islanders are feeling the impact of the volcano with no post getting into the island.

Because flights are grounded the island has received no mail for two days.

But Jersey Post say they are doing all they can to minimise disruption. They are regularly in contact with relevant partners, including Royal Mail, to monitor the situation.

Jersey Post’s General Manager of Postal Services, Andy Jehan, said: "Although incoming and outgoing mail has been impacted on Thursday evening and Friday morning, our robust contingency plans have been used to ensure that any delays will be kept to a minimum, with just a 24 hour delay to delivery expected.

"Our contingency plans enable us to make timely decisions as to how we route the mail. The mail that was due to be flown out of the Island last night was actually sent on the ferry. Mail that was due to fly to the Island this morning was diverted to Portsmouth in time for the day sailing, and will be processed this evening for delivery to Island addresses tomorrow morning."

Jersey Post’s advice to Islanders is to continue to post mail as normal. And also to use the correct address and post code, as clearly addressed mail speeds up the sorting process and gets items of mail into a postman’s hands as quickly as possible.

Jersey Post will continue to issue further information as and when it becomes available, and apologises in advance for any inconvenience to customers.

Regular updates are being posted on the Group’s website: http://www.jerseypost.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as well as being communicated through the media.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."