ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

UK Mail revenues up on junk mail

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

UK Mail revenues up on junk mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8469448.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Royal Mail rival UK Mail has reported a rise in revenues for the last three months of 2009.

Revenues were up 4% year-on-year, the company said, for the period between from October to December.

UK Mail's chief executive Guy Buswell said a rise in marketing companies sending junk mail helped sales in its business post operations.

However, strike action by Royal Mail workers during that period had a more mixed impact on business.

Although a competitor, the company relies on Royal Mail delivery staff for door-to-door deliveries.

"The strike action had a marginally positive impact," Mr Buswell told the BBC, citing a rise in its business post operations.

"But for companies like ourselves, it's important to have Royal Mail in good shape. There's no doubt it was a disaster for both sides of the dispute, as the public lost confidence in the Royal Mail."

A rise in discretionary mailings - or junk mail - was also reported, as marketing companies begin spending again during the recovery in the economy.

Profits for the year are now expected to be ahead of previous expectations, UK Mail said.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

DGP1

Re: UK Mail revenues up on junk mail

Post by DGP1 »

A rise in discretionary mailings - or junk mail - was also reported, as marketing companies begin spending again during the recovery in the economy.
:hmmmm I thought mail was down :hmmmm
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Ahebban

Post by Ahebban »

the goalposts move as and when it suits RM :whistle
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL

Post by Wessex »

Profits are up therefore my wages and terms and conditions will fall as a result to pay for it . :mfo efffing parasite