ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Yodel saved by Shift-led rescue deal

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Yodel saved by Shift-led rescue deal

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/20 ... e-averted/

The collapse of Yodel has been averted following an overnight rescue deal from the Shift founder.

YDLGP, a newly formed business backed by Shift executives and Solano Partners agreed on a deal this morning to purchase the delivery group, according to Sky News.

The agreement was struck on a solvent basis and without the logistics company appointing administrators, which had seemed increasingly likely during recent days, insiders said.

The deal, which is likely to protect thousands of jobs, will be announced later today.

Last week, Yodel revealed it had put administrators on standby as hopes of a rescue deal faded.

The delivery company had lined up insolvency experts at Teneo after failing to find a buyer in time.

Commenting on the rescue deal, Yodel CEO Mike Hancox said: “We’re extremely excited to begin the next chapter of Yodel’s journey, leveraging the scale of our business with the support of new shareholders and the future benefits of the Shift technology platform.

“Our customers have always been our priority and the transaction announced today allows us to ensure continuity for them, as well as our employees and wider stakeholders.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."