ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Evri private equity owner Advent preparing GBP 2bn sale of delivery firm

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Evri private equity owner Advent preparing GBP 2bn sale of delivery firm

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... -firm.html

Parcel delivery firm Evri is reportedly being prepared for a sale valuing it at £2billion by its private equity majority owner.

Advent International is working with advisers from investment bank Rothschild to explore options for the company, including a potential sale, The Sunday Times reported.

It bought a 75 per cent stake in the company, then known as Hermes UK, for a reported £850m in 2020.

The other 25 per cent remains in the hands of Germany's Otto group. In 2022, Evri's owners extracted a £762m dividend.

It comes after The Mail on Sunday revealed that Advent was also preparing to sell off the last remnants of UK defence and aerospace group Cobham.

Evri began life as Bradford-based Grattan Mail Order in 1974. As Hermes, it saw a boom during the pandemic, thanks to a surge in online shopping.

Today, it boasts of delivering more than 700m parcels a year via more than 20,000 couriers.

How to choose the best (and cheapest) stocks and shares Isa and the right DIY investing account
Revenues for the year to February 2023 were flat on the year before at £1.46billion, while the company swung to a bottom line loss of £77m.

Advent declined to comment on the issue of a potential sale.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

guardianangel

Re: Evri private equity owner Advent preparing GBP 2bn sale of delivery firm

Post by guardianangel »

I wouldn't invest in any delivery company at the moment ,low pay ,bad conditions and high turnover of staff means poor performance with later and lost deliveries,until either the shareholders take less ,the price rises by a substantial amount for customers we are on a slippery slope,i can see the return of the shop quicker than we think.