ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Evri sparks Christmas chaos as whole street gets 'parcel delivered' message

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Evri sparks Christmas chaos as whole street gets 'parcel delivered' message

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... e-31730410

Evri's got a mystery on their hands as a whole street gets a 'parcel delivered' message but no one finds any packages.

The delivery company Evri sent everyone the same message about parcels being dropped off, but the photo they got looked like the back of a car seat and nobody actually got anything.

The Manchester Evening News reported that neighbours started checking with each other before realising it wasn't just them. Loads of people were worried because they thought they'd lost important Christmas presents for their kids and didn't have time to replace them.

Neighbours were left asking each other for their packages (stock) (Image: Getty Images/iStockphoto)

Hayley Crossland, who spent £100 on gifts for her kid, said folks in Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester, began searching and knocking on doors.

She told the MEN: "The same picture appears to have been sent to everyone at the same time. My order was £100 worth of goods and presents for my child. It was meant to come between 1pm and 8pm and then I just got a notification on the app saying it had been delivered with proof. The picture was just hatchlings or fabric of some kind. I knocked on my neighbours to see if someone has taken it in and they were saying no."

One neighbour shared: "I got to another neighbour in the cul-de-sac who told me 'you're not getting it' because she got the same picture with the same delivery time and she said that the next neighbour along also came out looking at the same time."

Evri admitted the parcels had been 'scanned in error' by a new courier, and urged anyone concerned about their deliveries to contact them.

A spokesperson for Evri stated: "Our ambition is every customer's experience is a positive one and we've looked into what happened with these parcels. The parcels were scanned as delivered in error by a new courier, all the parcels are out for delivery today. We would ask that anyone who is concerned about their deliveries to get in touch via the contact page: www.evri.com/contact-us."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."