ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mum 'fearing for her life' after DHL mistakenly delivers toxic chemicals to her home

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Mum 'fearing for her life' after DHL mistakenly delivers toxic chemicals to her home

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... l-29292912

Delivery firm DHL have apologised after sending a mum two boxes of "dangerous goods" bound for a laboratory in the United States by mistake, making her fear for her life

A mum was left fearing for her life when she received toxic chemicals in the post which had been bound for a lab in the United States.

Sophie Jones, 35, had ordered electrical items for her job so was delighted when a delivery arrived from DHL.

However the alarm bells went off when she realised the two boxes had “dangerous goods” written on the side.

When she peered inside one dried ice fell on to the floor, causing her to fear what exactly she had been sent.

The mum of two later found out it contained £70,000 of goods from Siemens Healthcare Diagnosis, which had been meant to arrive at a lab in the US.

Instead, they sat in her kitchen in Plymouth.

Sophie told the Sun: “It was like something from a sci-fi film.

“I quickly closed it and I’ve been too scared to open it again.

“I’m worried it could be something poisonous which I’ve now got in my house.”

The labels suggested the boxes contained packages linked to pregnancy testing.

She was later advised to remove them both from her home over fears of toxic fumes.

DHL later removed them and a spokesman said of the mistake: “We’d like to offer our apologies to Ms Jones for the incorrect delivery and the challenge she faced arranging collection.”

A Siemens spokesperson added: “They contained ingredients for medical tests and were addressed to a company site in the United States.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."