ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DPD lorry gets stuck under tree near Coventry

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

DPD lorry gets stuck under tree near Coventry

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/ ... r-26244326

A makeshift operation was needed to free the stricken HGV

A DPD lorry hit a delay after it got stuck under a tree branch on a country road near Coventry

You'll have seen maximum headroom warnings on railway bridges and car park entrances, but probably not on trees! Yet, one such sign might well have been needed on a tree along a country lane just outside Coventry.

Had it been there an unsuspecting lorry driver might not have attempted to pass under one of its low-level branches. But he did and the result was a stuck HGV by the junction of Stoneleigh Road and King's Hill Lane.

What ensued was something of a makeshift operation to free the stricken DPD vehicle around 1pm on Monday (February 13). A passerby shared his photo of the rescue mission on the Kenilworth Vibes Facebook page.

Peter Buckle's photo attracted more than a few chuckles from social media users who saw the funny side. "Call Special Branch!" one quipped. Another wrote: "Oh dear, someone’s delivery is going to be late."

One user made a lateral reference to the impact construction of the new high-speed rail line is having on people and places in central and south Warwickshire. "Call in HS2," they said. "All the trees will disappear in minutes."

One person described the driver as a "muppet" while several others questioned the decision to drive along a route that was said to have been closed.

A spokesperson for DPD said: "Most motorists don’t have to worry about these kinds of natural hazards, but drivers of larger vehicles rely on councils and landowners to keep the roadways clear and safe. We're relieved that our driver, or any other road user, wasn’t hurt."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."