ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PostNL/Sandd merger ruled illegal - PostNL says can't be undone

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

PostNL/Sandd merger ruled illegal - PostNL says can't be undone

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://apex-insight.com/postnl-sandd-m ... be-undone/

The highest administrative court in the Netherlands has ruled that the merger between PostNL and Sandd was illegal. The Dutch postal operator has responded that the merger has taken place and can’t be undone.

PostNL and Sandd controlled much of the delivery market in the Netherlands and as a result the proposed merger made smaller companies feared higher prices for deliveries. They came together and filed a case at the Rotterdam District Court trying to prevent the merger. In 2020 the court ruled in their favour, saying the Dutch cabinet minister should not have approved the merger.

The highest court, the CBb heard an appeal against the judgement and rejected the appeal this week. It stated that the cabinet had insufficient grounds to grant the permit for the merger.

PostNL stated on its website on 2 June: “PostNL has taken note of today’s ruling by the Dutch Trade and Industry Appeals Tribunal (CBb by its Dutch acronym). In line with a previous ruling by the lower court in Rotterdam, CBb has ruled that the Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Policy had been wrong to approve the consolidation. The ruling has no consequences for the combination of both networks, which is irreversible. Sandd’s network, buildings and other assets have been dismantled. Sandd employees are employed by PostNL or have found a job elsewhere.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
Woody Guthrie

Re: PostNL/Sandd merger ruled illegal – PostNL says can’t be undone

Post by Woody Guthrie »

I love their answer.

I'm going to try that in court.

What's done cannot now be undone.. as Lady MacBeth once said.
Only dead fish follow the current