ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DPD UK orders 1,000 Ford E-Transits

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

DPD UK orders 1,000 Ford E-Transits

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://apex-insight.com/dpd-uk-orders- ... -transits/

At the electric vehicles festival Fully Charged Live last weekend, leading UK delivery firm DPD announced it had ordered 1,000 Ford E-Transit vans. This will take its zero emissions delivery fleet to 2,500 vehicles in total.

The E-Transits are the 3.5 tonne, 135kWh long wheelbase version with 12.4 cubic metres of payload capacity. The first vehicles are to be delivered in May and will operate out of depots across the UK.

La Groupe La Poste owned DPD has pledged to be the ‘greenest delivery company on the planet’ and its UK arm was named ‘Sustainable Business of the Year’ at the Business Champion Awards in London earlier this year thanks to its transport and other sustainable practices.

Olly Craughan, Head of Sustainability, DPDgroup UK commented, “Getting our hands on the electric Ford Transit feels like a really big moment. 3.5t vans are the workhorse of any delivery fleet, and we are no different. We’ve said all along that we need the main commercial van manufacturers to step-up with affordable models and largescale production of right-hand drive vans to really get the EV revolution going in the UK. And Ford have done just that. The E-Transit is well priced, has a good range and comes with all the support you would expect from Ford.

“We had a fantastic response from everyone at Fully Charged Live – from the conference debates to discussions on the exhibition stand. People really appreciate what we are doing with electric vehicles and all our other green initiatives. It is the same with our big retail customers too. They want to see their parcels delivered on green DPD vans, because they know their customers really appreciate it too. This order is a big step forward in terms of electrifying our whole fleet and becoming ‘the greenest delivery company on the planet’.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

ad/ab

Re: DPD UK orders 1,000 Ford E-Transits

Post by ad/ab »

does that mean we're getting their old ones ? got to better than ours :dance
oypostie

Re: DPD UK orders 1,000 Ford E-Transits

Post by oypostie »

Don't worry last time DPD announced an order Royal Mail announced an order for 3,000 invisible vans the next day so i'm expecting Simon to announce at least another 2,000 today :whistle :whistle