ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Guernsey Post introduces solar powered vehicles in bid to reduce emissions

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Guernsey Post introduces solar powered vehicles in bid to reduce emissions

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-61330825

A postal service in Guernsey is introducing five electric vehicles to its fleet in a bid reduce its daily carbon emissions.

Guernsey Post will have the new vehicles fitted with solar technology by TRAILAR, a solar transport company.

On average, each company vehicle travels more than 700 miles (1126.5 km) per month moving large amounts of mail.

The new initiative could save about one tonne of carbon dioxide emissions per vehicle each year, bosses said.

Fleet manager Robert Le Page said: "TRAILAR's technology provides us with a solution and supports our aim to reduce emissions and deliver an industry leading sustainable transport operation."

The company switched to electric vans in 2018, meaning the solar technology will be applied to its lorry-type vehicles.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
I am using an automatic grammar and spelling app, your original post if quoted may be amended by default. No judgement in your use of grammar or spelling is intended or meant.
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link