ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon Logistics named best UK parcel delivery firm in MoneySavingExpert poll

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon Logistics named best UK parcel delivery firm in MoneySavingExpert poll

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.parcelandpostaltechnologyin ... -poll.html

Amazon Logistics has claimed top spot for the first time in MoneySavingExpert’s (MSE) annual parcel delivery poll.

MSE asked users to rate their experience of each parcel delivery firm that they had used over the past 12 months with the option of rating each delivery firm as either great, okay or poor. The poll received more than 9,000 responses from readers.

Amazon Logistics was voted as the best carrier for 2021, replacing last year’s winner DPD Local, which came in third. Sister company DPD UK, which held a seven-year winning streak until 2020, remained in second place for the second year in a row. Overall, five out of 17 firms received better ratings in this year’s poll than in the previous year.

CitySprint and Hermes received the poorest ratings with CitySprint coming last with a 12% rating. Hermes dropped down two places to 16th place while Yodel remains in the bottom three for the seventh year running.

Chris Newlands, news and investigations editor at MSE, commented, “There’s no doubt that this past year has once again proven to be very tough for parcel delivery firms, especially with some staff forced to self-isolate. But sadly, we continue to hear of missing, late, damaged and dumped parcels – so it’s important for consumers to use their rights and vote with their feet when firms don’t deliver the goods.”
Screenshot 2022-01-21 124314.png
NOTE: The poll ran in early January 2022 and asked users to rate their experiences over the previous year. Order calculated by 0 points per percentage point for ‘poor’, 1 for ‘OK’ and 2 for ‘great’ – firms ranked from best to worst. 9,169 people voted – they could vote for more than one firm. Figures may not add up to 100% due to rounding. (i) Not always used by Amazon. (ii) CollectPlus stopped making its own deliveries in October 2020; it now only provides drop-off and collection services for other parcel delivery firms.

Commenting on the results, Kerry-Anne Lawlor, country director of Amazon Logistics, said, “We are delighted that this survey recognises the hard work of the incredible Amazon employees and independent delivery partners who come together to provide fast, reliable and safe delivery for our customers every day.”

MSE said that it had contacted the top ranked and three bottom ranking parcel delivery firms for comment. CitySprint declined to comment, while DPD/DPD Local and Hermes/MyHermes did not respond to MSE’s request.

To view the the original report by MSE, click here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Amazon Logistics named best UK parcel delivery firm in MoneySavingExpert poll

Post by POSTMAN »

Bullshit-What is wrong with the MSE saddos.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
2yearpostie

Re: Amazon Logistics named best UK parcel delivery firm in MoneySavingExpert poll

Post by 2yearpostie »

Well maybe Amazon can deliver all their own parcels instead of giving them to us, that should even things up.
geordieboy123

Post by geordieboy123 »

Why oh why would you want to lose work?
Trumanity

Post by Trumanity »

Amazon driver caught stealing GBP2,000 worth of parcels after neighbours set up CCTV

Amazon whistleblower says busy shifts 'force' drivers to urinate in bottles

Amazon could owe drivers £140m in rights claim, says UK law firm

Amazon couriers 'are earning just £1.83-AN-HOUR and are forced to break speed limits to hit targets of delivering up to 250 packages a day
Self-employed Amazon couriers left with take-home pay of just £1.83 an hour
Andy Cooper, 56, thought he'd earn £127 a day as a courier, but made £48 a week
Union representative Sharon Graham called alleged working conditions 'awful'

Money-Saving EXPERTS exactly!