ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

GBP200m development pre-let to Amazon

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

GBP200m development pre-let to Amazon

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/westmid ... -to-amazon

Birmingham developer Stoford has completed the first phase of a £200m build-to-suit logistics and manufacturing scheme near Redditch.

Unit A, a 534,000 sq ft warehouse building with a mezzanine floor and integral office space, has been pre-let to Amazon.

Funded by Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) the development has an end value of £86m. It lies north of the 78-acre Redditch Gateway site.

Redditch Gateway has capacity for up to one million sq ft of brand new office, logistics and manufacturing accommodation when complete.

Dan Gallagher, Joint Managing Director, Stoford said: “With the first unit at Redditch Gateway now complete, we are working to deliver the next phase in this exciting scheme. Redditch Gateway is located in a prominent distribution area of the Midlands, with a skilled local labour force and excellent transport links via the national motorway network.

“There is huge pent up demand for logistics and manufacturing accommodation of this size and quality in the West Midlands and we are anticipating significant interest in the next phase.”

Two additional build-to-suit units of between 150,000 sq ft – 250,000 sq ft are available to the south of the site, which is now fully serviced and delivers a 9.5 MVA power supply. The accommodation will include integral office space, a secure yard and parking, with a total space of c.450,000 sq ft.

Anita Bhalla, Interim Chair, Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP), said: “We allocated £1.8 million from our £208 million Local Growth Fund programme to this project. It’s great to see that Amazon has already signed up to move in and we can expect further tenants in the next phase.”

Redditch Gateway is being marketed by Burbage Realty, Colliers International and Savills.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."