ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon delivery station in Barking opens in time for Christmas

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon delivery station in Barking opens in time for Christmas

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.u ... ng-8577498

Amazon has opened a new delivery station in Barking, creating at least 50 jobs.

Amazon Logistics has announced the 10,000sqm building in Thames Road is now fully operational, serving customers just in time for Christmas.

The delivery station has created more than 50 permanent jobs, the company says, as well as new delivery driver opportunities for independent and Amazon Flex partners.

Launching the site, Amazon Barking delivery change manager Christian Pearson said: “The team at Amazon in Barking is ready to deliver for our customers ahead of a great festive shopping season, while also creating local job opportunities across a wide range of disciplines in a safe and welcoming environment.”

Amazon says delivery stations "power the last mile of its order process" and help speed up deliveries for customers.

Packages are shipped to a delivery station from neighbouring Amazon fulfilment and sortation centres, then loaded into vehicles to be taken to customers’ doors.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."