ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DPD - CitySprint takeover approved by UK government

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

DPD - CitySprint takeover approved by UK government

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://apex-insight.com/dpd-citysprint ... overnment/

DPD have welcomed the UK government’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) approval of the parcel carrier’s takeover of the same-day courier company CitySprint.

“We are delighted to have received confirmation from the CMA that the planned acquisition of CitySprint has been approved. We will be working closely with the CitySprint team in the coming weeks to finalise the transaction and we are looking forward to our future together and the opportunities that will bring.”

The takeover plans were originally announced in August this year. La Groupe La Poste owned DPD’s customers will be able to access CitySprint’s same-day delivery network, which will remain under the same leadership as prior to the transaction.

CitySprint has benefitted from strong growth due to the pandemic, and DPD UK eyed it as an investment of strong potential. It has over 30 centres around the UK and can deliver parcels to over 88% of the UK population within 60 minutes.

Speaking of the planned takeover in August, Elaine Kerr, CEO of DPD UK, commented: “Same day delivery is one of the fastest growing segments of the logistics market and so we are delighted to announce the intention to offer this new and exciting service to our customer offering. Even before the pandemic, demand for both next day and same day deliveries was soaring, and this trend has only escalated, something which we see continuing. DPD UK is already a market-leader, and once this acquisition completes, our position in the market will be strengthened further.”

CitySprint’s customers will in turn be able to access its new parent company’s international network that spans the whole of the British Isles and much of the EU as well as Brazil and much of South America.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."