ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hermes drafts in extra staff to get Christmas parcels to town

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Hermes drafts in extra staff to get Christmas parcels to town

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://news.stv.tv/highlands-islands/h ... ls-to-town

Hermes has drafted in extra delivery staff to get Christmas orders to families in Huntly, Aberdeenshire, after parcels were left sitting it depots.

The courier service has said they will bring in four additional contractors, as well as experienced couriers from other areas to deliver parcels to the frustrated families.

It comes after residents of Huntly expressed their concern at not receiving Christmas parcels that had been ordered weeks in advance.

Concerns were further raised after the local delivery driver for the area quit – with as many as 3000 parcels left in local depots awaiting delivery.

Hermes drafted in additional support after local Huntly councillor Gwyneth Petrie enlisted the aid of MP Richard Thomson, who contacted the service to find out how they intended to deal with the backlog of parcels.

Richard Thomson said: “Delivery staff will be working hard at this time of year so I’m very pleased that Hermes have responded positively to my approach.

“There does seem to be a particular issue in Huntly with a considerable number of parcels awaiting delivery so I trust that these arrangements will be welcomed and that we start seeing an immediate improvement in service.”

Councillor Petrie added: ‘It’s a great relief to hear that Hermes have now taken steps to get this backlog of parcels out.

“I understand there are over 3000 parcels awaiting delivery locally so this will be a huge undertaking for the staff involved, who I am sure will do their best.

“I do hope it’s sufficient to ensure that everyone gets their packages before Christmas and no-one misses out.”

Helen Barker, head of Public Affairs at Hermes, said: “Our couriers and staff are working hard to resolve this. Anyone who is concerned about their deliveries should contact their retailer/seller in the first instance, who will in turn contact Hermes if required.

“Yesterday we brought in four additional contractors to ensure parcels are delivered and clear the backlog which has arisen over the past week. We have also brought in experienced couriers from other areas to help.

“I do apologise for the ongoing inconvenience, but we are working hard to ensure all parcels are delivered as quickly as possible. Your constituents should notice a difference in service over the coming days.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."