ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon to replace plastic bags with paper alternatives in France

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon to replace plastic bags with paper alternatives in France

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.euwid-paper.com/news/single ... rance.html

Amazon is accused of doing too little to avoid plastic waste. The company has now announced that it will replace plastic bags with paper alternatives for deliveries in France.

Amazon has decided to stop using disposable plastic pouches for delivering goods in France and replace them with paper alternatives by the end of this year. The online giant wants to use paper bags or cardboard envelopes because they are easier to recycle.

The decision affects packaging of small products delivered from Amazon's distribution centres in France. This also includes deliveries from third-party suppliers if they use Amazon's logistics network.

Amazon makes it clear that it is committed to optimising its packaging, adapting it to the size of the product and increasing the proportion of recycled materials. Since 2015, the company has reportedly reduced the weight of its packaging by more than 36 per cent. This has eliminated more than 1 million t of packaging materials, equivalent to 2 billion boxes. Amazon is also delivering more and more products in their original packaging without adding extra material. The group says it wants to continue to find solutions to use even more sustainable packaging in the future.

Recently, pressure has been mounting on Amazon to be more transparent and announce targets to avoid plastic waste.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."