ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Warning for careless drivers as Australia Post staff find themselves in danger on the road

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Warning for careless drivers as Australia Post staff find themselves in danger on the road

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.9news.com.au/national/warni ... 56904c35d7

Australia Post is pleading with motorists to take more care in the lead-up to Christmas, with posties increasingly being endangered by careless drivers.

Mounted cameras have caught footage of fully stationary posties being hit by careless drivers, despite the delivery workers being dressed head-to-toe in high-visibility attire.

Australia Post CEO Paul Graham said the safety of his staff was his main concern.

"The most important thing is that people who come to work for Australia Post go home safe," he said.

"That is the number one priority."

He has urged Australians to look for Australia Post team members on the road.

Postie Marie Leveque has had close encounters with vehicles and worries that without more focus from drivers a serious incident could occur.

"We can lose our life for something silly that they are not focusing on," she said.

Ms Leveque recently traded her bicycle for a new three-wheeled electric vehicle, which offers better protection, multiple cameras and high visibility warning and top-speed signs.

Posties are set to be on the roads even more in the lead-up to Christmas due to a surge in deliveries and online shopping.

More than 10 million parcels are being delivered each week in the lead-up to the festive season, leading to an extra 5000 staff being brought on to handle the increased demand.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: Warning for careless drivers as Australia Post staff find themselves in danger on the road

Post by SpacePhoenix »

I reckon that's Melbourne as it looks like they're riding on tram tracks. Don't know it it's parking or a normal lane to the left. If it's a normal lane to the left then is riding on tram tracks allowed?