ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Student left stunned after Yodel driver told him to "be home" in cheeky note

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Student left stunned after Yodel driver told him to "be home" in cheeky note

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/11/ ... eeky-note/

A STUDENT was left astounded after a brazen Yodel driver told him to “be home” in a cheeky note.

Liam Watson was shocked to have been delivered the rude card alerting him to the missed delivery whilst he was working in Colchester, Essex on Wednesday.

Liam had received a text from North Face just moments before the note was delivered, stating that his order was with a courier and would arrive between 12PM and 2PM.

Liam couldn’t believe the cheek of the driver to deliver the jibing note whilst he was working and had just seconds notice to get back to his home to receive the parcel.

One image shows the orange and white note which has been printed with the words: “Sorry I missed you when I came to deliver parcels.”

The driver has then not filled in whether the parcel has been left in a safe place or delivered to a neighbour.

Instead, the courier has chosen to simply scrawl over the two lines given with the advice: “Be Home.”

Liam took to Twitter on Wednesday to share an image of the note, writing: “@YodelOnline, imagine giving someone precisely 60s warning that their parcel is due to arrive and having a delivery person leave an arsey note. Good job, guys.”

Speaking today the insurance broker told of how he initially found the text funny before he saw the note.

He said: “To be honest, I thought it was quite funny when they sent the text effectively telling me I needed to make the journey home in 60secs.

“You usually get a text the day before to say what your window is.

“Then the note was just a bit frustrating.

“The cheek of it was what got me more than anything.

“I know for a fact if I gave service like that to any of my clients I’d be in for a right telling
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."