ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Higher postal prices on the horizon in Guernsey

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Higher postal prices on the horizon in Guernsey

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2021-1 ... n-guernsey

People in Guernsey will soon have to pay more to post letters and parcels.

Guernsey Post is expecting an increase in prices due to changes to its contract with Royal Mail.

Guernsey Post's outgoing chairman also says the Covid-19 pandemic has presented "unprecedented" obstacles to the business, and that he expects the coming year to be "challenging and difficult to forecast".
With containment measures likely to continue to impact economic and customer activity in the short term and with businesses having now adjusted to the impact of lockdown restrictions by relying on alternative forms of communication, the accelerated decline of traditional mail volumes is not expected to be reversed even when we finally see a return to post pandemic normality.
Simon Milstead, outgoing Chairman of Guernsey Post

The company adds that more people were posting parcels in 2020.

However, there was a drop in the number of islanders sending letters, partly due to more of us communicating over the web.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.