ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon worker dies at Tilbury distribution centre after falling unwell

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon worker dies at Tilbury distribution centre after falling unwell

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-n ... on-6178178

Amazon said it was 'deeply saddened' by the death

An Amazon worker has died at the company's biggest distribution centre in the UK.

Paramedics were called to the distribution centre in Dock Road, Tilbury, Essex, at around 8am on Sunday (November 7, 2021) to reports of a man who was "unwell".

The man sadly died at the scene.

Amazon said it was "deeply saddened" by the death, describing it as "tragic".

It also confirmed the man was taken unwell before his shift started and it was not a work related incident.

An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We received a call at 8.10am yesterday with reports of a person who was unwell in Winchelsea, Road Tilbury.

"We sent one ambulance, however, the person sadly died at the scene."

Police were also called to the scene just before 8.30am and Essex Police said it was not treating the man's death as suspicious.

An Amazon spokesperson said: "[The man's] family and loved ones are in our thoughts, and we're supporting them and our employees during this difficult time."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."