ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon customers furious and forced to cancel orders over 'frustrating' system

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon customers furious and forced to cancel orders over 'frustrating' system

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats- ... l-22104466

Customers using the Buy Now button say their orders are being pushed back

Amazon customers are furious after the Buy Now button is causing some customers to cancel deliveries.

It comes as shoppers trying to get a bargain on the run-up to Black Friday and Christmas as companies like Royal Mail are urging customers to shop early.

Amazon today launched it's Black Friday deals - but it seems some customers are getting frustrated over the 'Buy Now' button and being forced to cancel deliveries.

It seems that Prime customers who are pressing the Buy Now button are getting frustrated when their deliveries are being delivered later despite being told they could get it the same day.

One customer pointed out how they clicked the Buy Now button and even being told it would be delivered by 10pm today, it defaulted to next day delivery.

@EgworP said: "@AmazonUK I keep having to cancel buy now orders from iPhone app because the delivery date on the product page is not the same as on the order. It isn’t applying my prime delivery.

"There seems no way to adjust the delivery date once the order is placed either. Very frustrating."

Another Twitter user @Oz9650 said: "@AmazonUK "this item can be delivered by 10pm today if ordered in the next two hours".

"Clicks Buy Now. "This item will be delivered tomorrow"..... Thinking face. Its not that I needed it urgently but people who might are being conned."

Another user @jakewright_702 said: " @AmazonUK yet again, click buy now on an item that tells me it will arrive by 7pm but immediately advised delivery by 10pm tomorrow. False advertising and driving behaviour based on blatant lies?"

According to CityAM, some customers are turning to customer complaints service Resolver to dispute the purchases.

The company has been under fire before for similar issues, in 2018 the company’s one-day delivery advert was banned by regulators after it was found to be misleading.

The Advertising Standards Authority received 280 complaints from mainly Prime customers who had said they had not received their package within 24 hours.

It said the ad “must not appear again in its current form” and Amazon must make clear that “a significant proportion” of Prime items were not available for next-day delivery.

A spokesperson from Amazon said: "Amazon Prime offers fantastic benefits to members including One-Day delivery, which is the default delivery option for eligible products.

"At checkout, we clearly present a variety of delivery options for our Prime customers to choose from, including Same-Day Delivery for certain post-codes or Amazon Day Delivery, which allows customers to combine multiple orders and choose a preferred delivery day later in the week."

The Amazon spokesperson also pointed out that Amazon clearly states that customers should choose the One-Day or Same-Day delivery at checkout before buying.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Amazon customers furious and forced to cancel orders over 'frustrating' system

Post by POSTMAN »

How weird, I had this a while back.
Said it was ok to deliver on the Wednesday, then as I bought it, it changed to Thursday!
Cheeky feckers.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.