ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Man charged with killing postal worker he believed was poisoning his family

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Man charged with killing postal worker he believed was poisoning his family

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://nypost.com/2021/10/07/eric-kort ... s-vignone/

A 58-year-old postal worker was fatally shot in Pennsylvania on Thursday morning — and the accused gunman told investigators he believed he was being poisoned by the victim, a report said.

Eric Kortz, 53, allegedly gunned down Louis Vignone, a veteran USPS mail carrier, in a residential neighborhood in Collier Township at about 10:15 a.m., WTAE reported, citing federal prosecutors.

Kortz told investigators that he and Vignone used to be neighbors and he believed that the postman was using cyanide to poison him and his family.

The suspect tracked Vignone’s mail route and allegedly admitted to investigators that he set out Thursday to “put some bullets in” his former neighbor.

After the deadly shooting, Kortz reportedly drove to the police precinct to surrender. He was charged with murdering Vignone.

At the scene, authorities found a gun and seven shell casings, the report said.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."