ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Amazon delivers new Wakefield base creating 40 new jobs

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Amazon delivers new Wakefield base creating 40 new jobs

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.business-live.co.uk/ports-l ... e-21508662

Hundreds of drier opportunities also outlined as last-mile logistics chain covered

Amazon Logistics is to open a new delivery station in Wakefield.

The 22,000 sq m building is expected to be fully operational this autumn and will serve customers in the immediate area as part of the ‘last mile’ provision.

The investment at Silkwood Park will create around 40 permanent jobs, in addition to hundreds of driver opportunities for delivery partners.

Kerry-Anne Lawlor, country director for Amazon Logistics, said: “We are excited to invest in the Wakefield area with a new delivery station that will provide efficient delivery for customers, and create new jobs for the talented workforce.”

Delivery stations power the final element of the order process and help speed up deliveries for customers.

Packages are shipped to a delivery station from neighbouring Amazon fulfilment and sorting centres, loaded into delivery vehicles and delivered to customers.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Amazon delivers new Wakefield base creating 40 new jobs

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 11:48

Hundreds of drier opportunities also outlined as last-mile logistics chain covered
Perhaps they are not going to deliver when it is raining. :nana :nana
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."