ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hermes UK launches apprenticeship scheme to help address driver shortage

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Hermes UK launches apprenticeship scheme to help address driver shortage

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://edelivery.net/2021/08/hermes-uk ... -shortage/

Hermes UK has launched an apprenticeship scheme designed to help address the national LGV driver shortage. To date, forty-five employees have signed up to the 12-month scheme which will see them gain a Cat C licence and become a qualified LGV driver.

As part of the scheme employees are given a day off a week (or 20% of their working hours) to support their studies. Practical driving training takes place at Hermes’ Driving Academy in Nuneaton and is supplemented by additional theory training. Once qualified candidates are eligible for interview for a LGV driver position within the company.

John Walker, transport manager (Maidstone) at Hermes UK, said the scheme was designed to help address the current driver shortage. “The latest survey from the RHA estimates there is now a shortage of more than 100,000 drivers in the UK. Our LGV apprenticeship programme is designed to help alleviate this industry-wide challenge by allowing our non-driving based employees to gain their Class 2 LGV licence.”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."