ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Police arrest man after large number of iPhones stolen from Amazon distribution center in the UK

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Police arrest man after large number of iPhones stolen from Amazon distribution center in the UK

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.theapplepost.com/2021/08/11 ... in-the-uk/

Police have arrested a man in connection with the theft of a large number of iPhones that were stolen from an Amazon distribution center in the UK.

As reported by Greater Manchester Police, on Wednesday 4 August 2021 officers received a report of theft from an Amazon distribution center in Little Hulton. A full investigation was launched and a man in his 30s was arrested the following day on suspicion of theft and money laundering.

An image shared by the police force showed over 30 iPhone boxes in the suspect’s home and approximately £250,000 in cash.

Detective Superintendent Christopher Bridge of GMP’s Bolton district, said: “Following a report of the theft of a significant amount of products from Amazon we launched a full investigation to identify the responsible person or persons.”

“Thanks to the cooperation from Amazon throughout the investigation, our officers were swiftly able to arrest one male in connection with the theft and this is a prime example of some excellent and supportive partnership work.”

The theft follows after police arrested a group of five Amazon employees from one of the company’s logistics centers in Madrid, Spain late last year after the workers were accused of stealing €500,000 ($592,000) worth of iPhones.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."