ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Never miss a delivery again: PostNL launches package lockers on homes

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Never miss a delivery again: PostNL launches package lockers on homes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://nltimes.nl/2021/07/15/never-mis ... kers-homes

Tired of rushing home for a package delivery, only to find out you missed the delivery person and have to call to arrange an alternative time? PostNL is launching a solution - a package locker that can be attached to your home.

The locker is 46 x 46 x 23 centimeters large and attaches to the facade of your home. If you're expecting a package, you leave the locker unlocked. The delivery person will put the package in the locker and lock the padlock. And then you empty the locker when you get home.

According to PostNL, about 80 percent of the packages it delivers will fit into the locker. The locker costs 79.95 euros. You can try it out for two months and return it for a refund if you're not satisfied, PostNL said on its site.

The only downside, according to RTL Nieuws, is that the lockers are already sold out. The manufacturers are struggling to get raw materials to produce them. "There is a steel shortage," a spokesperson for PostNL said to the broadcaster. She expects more lockers will be in stock next week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."