ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Korea Post, Postal Service Workers Reach Deal on Preventing Overwork

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Korea Post, Postal Service Workers Reach Deal on Preventing Overwork

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://world.kbs.co.kr/service/news_vie ... 256&lang=e

The national post service and national delivery workers union reached an agreement that aims to prevent overwork among delivery workers.

According to sources within the ruling Democratic Party(DP) on Friday, the deal was made during talks between Korea Post and postal service workers that belong to the union.

Under the deal, delivery workers will no longer sort parcels starting next year, a lengthy and exhausting process that was blamed for overwork and work-related deaths. The workers will also be limited to a maximum 60-hour work week.

Earlier in the week, Korea Post and postal service workers failed to narrow differences on the cost of hiring the workforce to sort out parcels.

The agreement follows a tentative deal reached on Wednesday between logistics firms and delivery workers to end a protracted strike that disrupted parcel deliveries nationwide.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."