ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Swiss Post 'expanding Parcel Plants and Doubling Sorting Capacities by 2030'

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Swiss Post 'expanding Parcel Plants and Doubling Sorting Capacities by 2030'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://postandparcel.info/138360/news/ ... s-by-2030/

Swiss Post reports that it is investing around 1.2 billion francs in its infrastructure, as it looks to expand its network of parcel plants and double its sorting capacity by the end of the decade.

In a notice posted on its website, the company reported that four of the 15 new regional parcel centres which it plans to roll out by 2030 are now already in operation at Cadenazzo, Vétroz, Ostermundigen and Untervaz. Meanwhile, building applications for five more parcel centres – at Utzenstorf, Buchs, Pratteln, Rümlang and Härkingen – are ‘planned or are already in the approval process’.

The expansion of the parcel network is Swiss Post‘s response to its customers’ appetite for ‘more and more parcels and fewer and fewer letters’.

Swiss Post described the parcel volumes it is now processing as ‘gigantic’, with annual growth rates of between 5% and 7% in recent years as a result of the e-commerce boom. In 2020, the company reported a huge jump in demand as it processed more than 191 million parcels through its sorting systems – which was 23% up on the previous year. In contrast, said Swiss Post, the volume of letters has fallen by more than 40% since 2002.

Swiss Post has also responded to the changes in the market by merging its parcels and letters divisions into one unit.

Johannes Cramer, Head of Logistics Services at Swiss Post, summarised the company’s plans for future development: ‘We want to provide a first-class public service in the long term. To this end, we are investing heavily in infrastructure: with around CHF 1.2 billion, we are expanding our parcel plants and doubling our sorting capacities by 2030.’
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."