ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

USA - Amazon driver savagely beats customer, 67, who 'complained about late package'

Competitors and other mail organisations around the world news and discussion.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

USA - Amazon driver savagely beats customer, 67, who 'complained about late package'

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/a ... r-24260826

An Amazon driver has been filmed repeatedly hitting a customer who reportedly complained about a delayed delivery.

Itzel Ramirez, 21, has been charged with causing serious bodily injury after the horrifying doorstep attack in California on Thursday.

It's alleged the San Francisco-area driver told the 67-year-old customer, who has not been named, to "check her white privilege" when she had complained about a late package to her home.

Doug Smith, the owner of the apartment complex, told KTVU-TV the victim received an alert about a package being delivered and headed down to her lobby - but it wasn't there.

Meanwhile, Ramirez was standing nearby and Mr Smith said the woman questioned Ramirez about what was happening.

Ramirez told her the package would be arriving soon.

After the victim waited for about 15 minutes in the lobby, she again asked Ramirez about the status of the delivery, according to Mr Smith.

He told KTVU-TV: "I believe the Amazon driver said something about ‘your white privilege,’ and my tenant said, ‘you don’t need to be a b***h about it'."

It's then that Ramirez allegedly became began punching the woman in the head and upper body. Ramirez has since claimed she was acting in self-defence.

Security footage filmed by cameras outside and inside the lobby shows Ramirez push the woman up against the front entrance and continue to strike her.

It's been reported that the victim suffered a broken nose and other wounds.

Smith told KRON-TV that the victim is ‘too shaken up’ to reveal her identity and describe her experiences to the press.

Ramirez is in custody and being held on $100,000 (£70,000) bail.

She has been charged with two counts of elder abuse and battery involving serious bodily injury.

In a statement, Amazon said Ramirez would no longer be working for them.

They said: "This does not reflect the high standards we have for drivers who deliver our packages.

"We take these matters seriously and this individual is no longer delivering Amazon packages."
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

NWpostie

Re: USA - Amazon driver savagely beats customer, 67, who 'complained about late package'

Post by NWpostie »

Sounds like there's history between the two given the level of violence.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.